The 12th Grand Finale of the Montclair Jazz Festival took place a week ago and it was epic! The event, which stretches from South Park Street to Lackawanna Plaza with four stages, live music, food, shopping and more, was unlike anything Montclair had never seen before!
The one-day outdoor celebration along Bloomfield Avenue, the culmination of a series of magical summer events from July through September, brought the people of Montclair and beyond together in a whole new way and brought new life to Lackawanna Plaza.
Jazz House Kids president and founder Melissa Walker came up with an incredible vision for the Downtown Jamboree, but to create an event of this magnitude on Bloomfield Avenue she needed a lot of help. Jason Gleason of Center Montclair BID and Dave Placek of BDP Holdings were part of the dream team to make this magical and musical event a reality. These local government agencies and offices were integral to running this incredibly successful day:
• Essex County Sheriff’s Office
• Essex County Commissioner, Brendan Gill
• Township of Montclair, Mayor Sean Spiller and Deputy Mayor Bill Hurlock
• Municipal Council
• Director of Community Services at Montclair, Steve Wood
• Montclair Office of City Clerk, Melissa Cheung
• Montclair Parking Utility Superintendent of Parking, Manny Germano
• Recreational and cultural affairs of Montclair
• City manager’s office
Now, Jazz House Kids wants your feedback – take their poll here and share your thoughts on the festival.